Dr. Kazembe is a proud papa, poet, and professor who was delivered and developed in the Englewood community on Chicago’s south side. A committed Culture Worker, Scholar Activist, and Spoken Word Artist, Dr. Kazembe develops and facilitates learning enrichment opportunities that intersect literacy, creative arts, and Africana cultural studies.
Dr. Kazembe has worked as an educational consultant, curriculum designer, and teaching artist (K-12). He has facilitated educational workshops and programs for:
- Indianapolis Public Schools
- Indiana Department of Education
- Great Lakes Equity Center
- University of Illinois UIC’s Early Outreach Program
- University of Illinois Extension Program
- Poetry Center of Chicago
- Chicago YMCA
- University of Chicago Collegiate Scholars Program
- Young Chicago Authors
- Illinois Department of Children & Family Services
- Cook County Juvenile Detention Center
- Chicago Public Schools
As spoken word artist, Kazembe has hosted and performed at dozens of poetry venues throughout Chicago and has, over the years, performed alongside numerous artists including Haki R. Madhubuti, Amiri Baraka, Ntozake Shange, and Sonia Sanchez.